Commercial Fire Alarm Installer III (Journeyman)
* Positions available in various states.
We are excitedly seeking additions to our winning team! We are an established, rapidly growing company and currently have projects in multiple states; including California, Alabama, Missouri, Kansas, Indiana, Wisconsin, Florida, and South Carolina. We have the best reputation in the business so if you are the best in this field, we would love to hear from you!
AlertONE Service Inc. is a dynamic contractor that engineers, installs and services multiple communication and mission critical systems including; fire alarm, mass notification, special hazard, phone, data, POS, CCTV, public address, and security systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs, inspects, tests and repairs all electrical service including fire alarm systems, wiring, fire alarm panels, smoke alarm systems and peripheral equipment
- Troubleshoot system installations, identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Utilize schematics and blueprints to ensure that all systems, wiring and peripheral equipment are installed safely and correctly.
- Work independently to oversee issues on-site to ensure allocated project hours are met and not exceeded.
- Assist Foreman in ensuring that all materials, tools, equipment, and other relevant supplies are managed properly at all times to meet or exceed production rates
- Assist in training new hires
- Maintain client relationships in alignment with the AlertONE Service inc core values
- Assist Foreman in maintaining and preparing records and paperwork
- Maintain safe work environment at all times
- All other duties as assigned
- Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years experience as a licensed electrician
- Candidates will have fire alarm, low voltage, and/or construction experience.
- OSHA training or certification required
- CPR/First Aid Certificate
- NICET I/II Certification required
- Experience and ability to operate drills, conduit benders, meters (volt, OHM, AMP, Meg), hand drills, hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to work in safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to use a computer
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and a positive attitude with a willingness to learn and teach others
- Ability to lift equipment and tools up to 50 pounds, climb ladders and operate lifts.
- Candidate must have experience with and be able to read blueprints, schematics and visually identify system components of data and phone systems.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems and the ability to locate, layout, and install control devices
- Ability to contribute and operate in a team environment
- Ability to work independently as well as supervise the work of others when needed
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation is required
- Candidate must be able to travel and work nights / weekends as needed.
- OSHA 10-Hour Certificate required
- OSHA 30-Hour Certificate preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to stand, walk, drive, bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, grasp, push, pull, talk, finger, hear, see and reach.
- Lifting/carrying 50 lbs. multiple times per shift
- Work eight to ten hours, five days a week on your feet in all elements of weather
- Make transition from parking areas into construction work areas and gain access to all work areas by means of OSHA approved construction ladders or stairs
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid time off
- Employee Referral Program
AlertONE Service, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is based on business need, experience, merit, and qualifications.
*ALERTONE SERVICE INC., reserves the right to provide compensation lower or higher than the posted range based on factors unrelated to race and/or gender. *