Commercial Fire Alarm Installer
Buena Park, CA
Full Job Description
AlertONE, Service Inc. is a dynamic engineering, installation, and service contractor servicing: fire alarm, mass notification, special hazard, phone, data, POS, CCTV, public address, and security systems.
Job description – Commercial Fire Alarm Installer
Installs, repairs, and inspects smoke and fire alarm systems; inspects tests, and repairs fire alarm wiring, fire alarm panels and peripheral equipment. Identifies hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair. They inspect schematics and blueprints to ensure that the cables and systems are installed safely and correctly.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals interested in a position on our travel team. We currently have projects in California, Alabama, Missouri, Kansas, Indiana, Wisconsin, Florida, and South Carolina.
- The ideal candidates will have fire alarm, low voltage, and/or construction experience.
- Install equipment per drawings to complete a given project within specifications.
- Troubleshoot system installations and perform necessary corrections.
- Manage issues on-site to ensure allocated project hours are met and not exceeded.
- Ability to operate drills, conduit benders, meters (volt, OHM, AMP, Meg), hand drills, hand tools and power tools. Ability to work in safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to work in safe and efficient manner.
- NICET certification a plus but not required.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and a positive attitude
- Willingness to learn about the industry.
- Ability to lift equipment and tools up to 40lbs and climb ladders and operate lifts.
- Candidate must be able to read blueprints and visually identify system components of data and phone systems.
- Ability to contribute and operate in a team environment and coordinate with other departments.
- Driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.
- Candidate must be able to travel and work nights
- OSHA 10-Hour Certificate and/or OSHA 30-Hour Certificate.
Standing, walking, driving, climbing/ladders, squatting/kneeling, reaching, grasping, pushing/pulling, twisting/bending, lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs multiple times per shift, fingering, talking, hearing, and seeing.
Job Type: Full-time
- Compensation based on experience
AlertONE Service, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All employment is based on business need, experience, merit, and qualifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $30.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Fire alarm installation: 1 year (Required)
- OSHA 30 (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: On the road